Friday, October 1, 2010

Rain Rain go away.....

I imagine most everyone on the Eastern coast are saying this to themselves. With it raining so much I only can do the daily indoor chores in the barn. Of course this gives me the opportunity to do things in the house that get put off because there is so much to do outside. When you look at what needs to be done it's very hard to get motivated. So I have done a few things.

I have also started crocheting again. I am using the yarn Phoebe gave me. Phoebe was an intern here at the farm over the summer. Hi Phoebe we miss you! I have decided I will try to make a few scarfs and put them in the store. I do a little bit while I am watching TV. When winter hits I'll try and get into making the blankets.

That's it for now. Going to go check on the girls and then run some errands.

5 comments:

  1. Hello John! I just wanted to say How do you have time for anything but those beautiful goats? I was so impressed when I visited the farm during Harvest Weekend, you seem to have the patience of Jobe. I coerced you into having a picture taken with me LOL! Will be up to Sharon Springs for brunch on the 17th with the rest of my ya-ya's! Hoping to buy more of your sister's maple butter. And will be shopping on your online store soon. Congratulations on your Blog and store! Lauri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey John...know what ya mean about the rain, I too have accomplished much in my house thanks to it! Knit quickly and get a few scarves into the store for the weekend of the 16th. We are coming up and staying overnight in the American, would luv to say I bought a "famer John" scarf! Thanks for sharing your time with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanted to tell you that Misty's story would make a GREAT "kids" book!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome that you are grade A (kind of just assumed you were, since your goats are responsible for the Blaak cheese). I am finishing up my first year with dairy goats, and am hooked for life; they are so much fun, and so loving. I can't wait to find a 'real' farm where I will have room to branch out. For now, my 3 goats and 2 llamas are happy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Farmer John and Jason items are only available on line.

    ReplyDelete