Thursday, October 21, 2010

Colder weather is here

It's been a busy week.  My dad and I were able to get all of the manure that was piled up from the big spring clean out and all that was piled from the summer spread on the hay field the last 3 days. Last year it took us weeks to do. This year went faster because my dad decided he needed some new "toys". He bought himself a new 50 horsepower Kabota and a bigger manure spreader. It made the work go so much faster.  Thank you dad.

Had a couple more goats bred. There are only 3 more of the milking girls to breed. Toby got to join the "keeper" girls on Sunday. So far Davisa has been bred.

I finished the scarf today!!!!!!!!  Now I have to put the measurements down for Jason to post. I even started another one today. I have one row done.

The new milking system seems to be working great. The milking season is extended til the end of the month for cheese making. Then November will be used for the soap. I also will make some farmers cheese for me and Jason. Jason's niece McKenzie likes it alot too.

Last night we went to a local cafe to hear a friend of Jason's sing and play guitar. Jason had taken a college class with him. The funny thing is I new his mother. We played in all-county concert band back in the early 80's. It was a very enjoyable evening.

Josh's parents Jackie and Dave arrived today. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They are such wonderful people. I enjoy their visits SO much.

Well that's all for now.

6 comments:

  1. John I love getting these updates about the farm. I appreciate what you and Jason do for the fans. Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too, I love hearing about what's going on with you guys and the farm. It's like two different places, you and the goats and Brent/Josh and the soaps, etc.

    Hope you have a great visit with Jason's parents.

    Teri Tighe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the show and look forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry I missed you at the Harvest Fest. I was a vendor selling custom made dog coats. When Brent stopped at my booth, I told him I am redesigning my coats to fit goats, thus making goat coats for baby and younger goats. Brent said I need to talk with you about this. I think this is a great item for your goats especially in the winter months. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. John, I am so stoked about your crocheting! I am the person that asked about if you would sell your items when I was at the Farm Tour during Harvest Festival. I'll be back in Sharon Springs the weekend after Thanksgiving....any chance of getting a hand made John original? *smile*

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool Farmer John having you here talking "Goat Talk". I love goats too, right now I'm down to five but am hoping to find a buck for a reasonable price to breed my girls.Hey ya know what they say about us goat folks don't ya "we're all crazy"! LOL Somebody has to be ..right?

    ReplyDelete