Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 is here!

Hello faithful followers.  2011 has arrived and it arrived in a very pleasant way. The weather has been calm and very warm. We still have not gotten more than a couple inches of snow so far this season. So does this mean we are in for a long winter season?
It's about 6 weeks and the fun will begin. February 9th is when the first 2 girls, Talea and Donna are due. I imagine there may be some to go a little early. Those of you who have been watching the goat cam have noticed how big Dora is. Dora had quads in 2010, 2 does and 2 bucks. She certainly looks like she has at least that many again this year.  Maybe 5?

I'll begin ordering my supplies for the new season. Lot's of nipples for the buckets, stop at the vets for some BOSE to have on hand. Check the hair dryer, new heat lamps, paper towels etc.......
I need 2 new 2 goat bucket lids, milk hoses, claws and the run of cleaning supplies. Touch up the paint in the milkhouse and milking room.

I need to check in with the DHI technician to get ready to sign up for that. I may even join ADGA and register my top girls with them.

January is a busy month for birthdays for us. Mine is tomorrow the 2nd. Bill our sister-in-lam Emmas fathers, who will be visiting from England, is the 4th. Brother-in-law Bruce is the 6th. Jason's father, Richard is the 13th, Jason's mother Marcia is the 21st and my sister Jeans is the 25th. And you thought holidays were busy.

I hope everyone had a great 2010 and that 2011 will be even better.

I'll do my best to keep you posted on births.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a light winter start. Does that mean it will now hit ya harder, but I pray it doesn't. Here it came early and hard. We hope that is it. But, this is Florida and we all know that the weather will change on a dime. I pray you have a wonderful year with healthy babies in the barn. The best of good luck with this years milk producing. I too am with ADGA and it is a good thing....Happy Birthday to all in Jan. Will be awaiting new babies and maybe goat sculptures in the future colored like your goats.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday !! I have more like a goat club than a herd. I had 4 babies arrive this week and expecting at the very least 4 more :-)

    ReplyDelete