Sunday, September 26, 2010

This is my first time blogging. I'm not quite sure what really should be going here. So I may just do a journal type entry. I'll start with this weekend. Saturday was a busy day cleaning the barn. My dad usually comes over and runs the tractor while I shovel and fork. We got over three-fourths of the barn all cleaned out. Smelled bad but it looks nice.

Had one more doe bred, Trinket, bred to Yaris. That makes 41 that have been with the bucks. Going to be a busy February. March will be busy too will breed about 20 more for then and then 20 yearlings for the end of March beginning of April.

Finished up the day with milking and was done about 6:30. Had a big salad and some salmon. Watched a little TV and that was it.

Til next time.

4 comments:

  1. We, the fans, wanted more of you. Thank you John! And Jason too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thrilled to see you blogging! I always enjoy your segments on the show, and I'm really glad to have an opportunity to get your "goat insights" - we just started with our own herd earlier this year. We have six does and as of this past weekend, a nine-week old wether who was born on our friends Scott and Karl's farm this past summer. We are going to try AI to breed them; we are really fortunate to have an awesome vet who is an expert in goat AI.

    We just found out about a month ago that one of our girls is intersexed, and so she likely cannot be bred. But she is a neat little girl and we are happy to have her! Have you ever run into this? Our vet said she may be a good teaser, and let us know who of our does are in heat. She was already humping one of our other girls a few days ago, so I think that is true. Here's a little bit about her: http://www.serenityacresnow.com/?p=1141

    Need to get off of the computer now, as we are heading down to our county extension office. But I'm really glad to see your new site and this blog, and will look forward to reading more!

    Cheers,
    Trase

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello John: We are so happy that you and Jason have created this website! I hope you know what a huge following you have developed through the show, your fans love u! It is such a highlight each week on the show to watch your love, care and dedication to the animals! Knowing that you are a bit shy, your fans truly appreciate you sharing a small glimpse into your life on the farm, it is much appreciated! and thank you to Jason as well, we don't get to see him much on the show, so this is a nice treat also! Good luck to you both with the site and keep the blogging coming, we luv to read about life on the farm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been home the past week and a half because of knee surgery. While I've been home, I caught the show where you had hip replacement surgery, I felt so badly for you, my Mom's had both of her hips replaced. It's not an easy time, I hope you are doing really well now. I was also very moved by your dedication to the goats and I was in tears watching. Thanks for being willing to share that. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete